Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Happy Birthday to my Mom by Love...

For my mom "by love"...Cathye is my best friend, Kellye's mom.  She welcomed me into the family with open arms and started calling me her "daughter by love".  I can't tell you how much my heart swells every time I hear it.  I'm truly blessed to be apart of such a loving family.

I was searching for some inspiration on Splicoaststampers when I came across this card and recreated it.  I stared out with a Very Vanilla base.  I used the SU Canvas background stamp with Memento Rich Cocoa and hints of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I flipped my base on the stamp and used a brayer over it to get my ink on the card (that way I don't mess up my base because I always end up dropping that big block of wood, lol).  Next I used Denami Design Triple Line Stamp in Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake Card stock.  With a thin line of black and a scalloped piece of Real Red Card Stock using the SU Scallop Punch.  I used SU Markers to color the Rooster from SU's Rustic Rooster, stamping him on Very Vanilla, black, then a Real Red scallop border.  Sentiment is from SU Very Versailles set.  Hodgepodge hardware, linen thread, and random ribbon. 

Mom and me on the Queen Mary awaiting to board our cruise...
Which didn't happen until the next day due to a coronavirus scare.
We were the last Carnival Cruise to set sail.  
My first cruise and what a crazy adventure it was!

Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment