Sunday, July 12, 2020

Habanero Thank You...

Hubs took my car in for an oil change before our trip to Idaho to see our daughter, son-in-law, and granboys and came home with a brand new Habanero Orange Jetta for me.  If you know me, you know this is the color of car I've been wanting for 2 years now.  In the picture it looks a bit red, but it's orange with some gold shimmer to it.  I made a thank you for the finance guy, Nathaniel.  He had me pick out a shirt when I came to pick up my car after it was tinted and the ceramic coating was put on it.
  I've had this VW Symbol stamp for years from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.  If you're ever in Las Vegas and have time, I highly recommend going.  It's right off the strip, a little hard to find but it is such a fun and quirky stamp store.  You never know what you are going to find in there.  Anyhow, I stamped the VW Symbol in Smoky Slate card stock as my vision started out one way and went another...I used a clear star gel pen to highlight the symbol and a glaze pen to fill in the shadows.  Layered it on Only Orange card stock that has carrot smooch, pop dots for dimension.  Next I used the A2 Stitch and High Rise Lower Case Alphabet die-namics from My Favorite Things and ran it through the cuttlebug.  Then I took a piece of Only Orange card stock and colored it with carrot smooch and put it behind the thank you.  Mounted it on a black card stock base and wha-la...  

Most expensive oil change ever, ha!

Thank you for stopping by.
Enjoy the rest of you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment