Friday, July 10, 2020

Happy Birthday to my Father-in-Law...

I have the most wonderful father-in-law there is.  I no longer have a father, or step father, both have passed away from cancer within a year of each other several years ago.  My father-in-law, Carl stepped up during that difficult time in my life and saw the need to be there for me.  I love the bond that we have, our chats, phone and facetime conversations (especially when he needs facebook help, ha!) but I especially love that he treats me like his daughter and calls me so.  I'm so thankful for all the love and support he has given me (and my hubs)...we are truly blessed.  And funniest thing of all...he called for facebook help while I was making his birthday card, haha...I kept giggling every time he asked what I was doing!  
I fell in love with this My Favorite Stamp set, Sunny Vibes.  I started out stamping the images on neenah, using the coordinating die-namics, then coloring them with copics.  Next I used MFT Wonky Stitch die-namic, then masked to make the sand with versamagic chalk ink in Wheat and Sahara Sand.  Then I masked to make the water in versamagic chalk ink in Seabreeze and Turquoise Gem, and SU Tempting Turquoise.  I masked again for the sun and sky using Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  I used Copic opaque white pot for the foam on the water.  Sentiment is from the Sunny vibes set.  Crumb Cake card stock, and square punch to make the banner.

Hubs, MIL, FIL, and me on one of our visits to see them in San Diego a few years ago.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment