Saturday, December 27, 2014

Warm Arizona Winters...

I made all the spouse's who came to the spouse's meeting at my house one of these ornaments.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  It took me a while to read through and decide which way I was going to try and make them.  But here was my inspiration...  I of course put my own twist/finishing touches to it.


Warm Arizona Winters...
I cleaned the ornaments with rubbing alcohol first, then set them upside down to dry out. I used mop & glo, twirling it inside, careful to not make bubbles, then used a small funnel to pour the liquid back into the bottle.  I used another funnel to pour glitter into the ornament and swirled it around to coat the ornament.  I had to play with the glitter, the clear/white/iridescent and size was tricky.  It was hard to coat the ornament.  Other colors and sizes coated the inside of the ornament just fine but I was going for this particular look and I was unable to walk/drive at the time I was making these so I was kind of stuck using what I bought and had on hand.  Anyhow, I used my cricut to cut out the Arizona shape on vinyl and stuck it to the outside of the ornament.  *Just a tip...in order to get my state shape to adhere without crinckles and lay flat on the ornament, I used my heat gun and a bone folder (my husbands fabulous idea!).  I finished it off with a big red ribbon =)


Warm Arizona Winters...
I put each ornament in a zebra bag (of course) with red tissue paper.  I clipped the spouse's name tag to the bags.


Warm Arizona Winters...
I made a few extra for a couple of my friends and neighbors.  One of my neighbors like the ornament so much she ended up making some for her friends but couldn't figure out how I did it so she came over to ask me for pointers, lol.  She said she didn't realize I put that much effort into making them, ha!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment