Monday, February 28, 2011

World Rare Disease Day, 2011...

Today is World Rare Disease Day.  Are you wearing your Zebra's or Zebra prints to raise awareness for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome?  While I was at the mall Saturday I found a really cute and goofy Zebra shirt for my daughter and I to wear today.  I hope it will bring a smile to someone's day=)  Fingers crossed I remember to take pictures=)
I made this card to "Celebrate" today.  I was diagnosed with EDS a year and a half ago and remember the day my Dr. gave me my diagnosis.  He said something like, "I'm sorry but I've never seen someone be so happy to be diagnosed before".  I won't go into the long story about what happened, but I was happy to know what I was told I had for the 2 previous years was a misdiagnosis=)
Anyhow, my Zebra's are from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.  If you are ever in Las Vegas, it is a fun store to visit.  I stamped them on Neenah c/s with Momento Ink.  I did some shading with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I went over the black stripes with a gel pen.  I used Prismacolor Pencils for the ground, sponged Versamagic Sea Breeze, Ranger Aqua, and Tim Holtz Faded Jean for the sky, making a moon mask with a 1 1/4 inch cirle punch.  I sponged black ink around the edges of the whole card.  I used just a small strip of Zebra Print paper since my image was so big...Soft Sky Ribbon and some random buttons to finish off the card. 
Thank-you for stopping by.  Have a great week!
 *ETA: I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, for my crafting friends...you can help raise awareness by making a Zebra/Zebra Print Card.  Since I'm computer challenged, just comment on this post with a link to your card=)  Thank-you for your support!       

No comments:

Post a Comment