Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World Aids Day...

Though my post is late in the evening, I made this for World Aids Day.  It's in honor of someone I've never met, Mondo of this season's Project Runway.  He's secretly lived with Aids for 10 years of his life, not telling anyone.  I can not imagine living with a secret as big as living with Aids...can you imagine not having a soul know your secret, not having anyone to lean on for support during your lowest of times?  I don't know that I could do it.  His strength and courage to let his secret be known on national tv was absolutely touching.  I've never cried more watching a reality show before.  He was amazing on Project Runway and I still say he should've won, lol.  He created a t-shirt for World Aids Day, it can be found HERE.
I used this weeks SCS CC299, which was Real Red, Old Olive, and River Rock.  I stamped the Tree from Branch Out in Chocolate Chip on River Rock Cardstock.  I stamped the leaf thingies in Certainly Celery and Old Olive then sponged more Old Olive on top.  I stamped a line of butterflies in Real Red across the tree.  I used Martha Stewart Punches and Denami Design Ribbon.
Thank-you for stopping by.  Hope ya'll enjoy the rest of your week.  I'm getting my hair cut and shopping for a dress for one of my hubs Christmas Parties on Thursday=)      

No comments:

Post a Comment