Friday, April 20, 2012

Pickles and Ice Cream...

Our friends recently found out they are expecting=)  I made them this card to congratulate them on their wonderful news!

I thought I'd give this weeks RCC49 a try.  The challenge is Color-a-licious.  To use those bright colors you might not usually choose. Well, the yellow ended up not the bright yellow I intended but turned to be the mustard yellow that's in the lines of my background paper.  I can honestly say these are colors I would not usually choose, lol.  This is also my entry for this weeks Bellariffic Friday Challenge which is a Sketch Challenge.  I started out stamping Pregapeep in Memento Ink on Neenah, coloring with Copics then shading with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I used a Glaze Pen on the jar and ice cream container.  Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, EP Boys Mini Theme, and BG Origins paper.  SU Photo Corner Punch, CB Swiss Dot Folder, Denami Design Buttons and Jute Twine.





I'm looking forward to this weekend.  I'm taking another class from Terry Medaris.  He teaches Prismacolor Pencils, but with a different approach to blending.  This class will focus on people- their shadows, shading, and highlighting.  I'm so excited.  I really want to get back into using my pencils again, they've been pretty neglected.   

Thank-you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend!!!
*ETA- due to the insanely amount of spam I've been getting on this one card, I've turned off the comments.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous creation! Love that cute image! Thanks for playing at RCC.

    ReplyDelete