Sunday, January 24, 2021

Follow the Rules...

I've been Zwifting (an online cycling app that connects riders all over the world) since March.  I came across this wonderful group called The HERD and started riding with them.  They are so supportive, encouraging, and inspiring.  In December there was a challenge called the Rapha 500- ride 500 km between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.  I knew I wouldn't be able to ride the 500 km during that time frame with the Holidays, but I wanted to participate in some of the group rides being held.  Stuart, who's also a coach, put together 8 days of riding with different routes so people could earn the route badges while being held together as a group.  I did two of the rides, earning two of the harder badges I needed and also won one of the drawings that Stuart held after each ride.  I wanted to make him a card to thank him for his sweet surprise that came in the mail and also for putting together the rides.    

Follow the Rules...
I took inspiration for my card from Stuart's business logo.  I used strips of White, Basic Gray, Black and Real Red card stock to make the background.  I used the My Favorite Things Confetti All Around Stencil with Basic Gray ink, then stamped the Hero Arts bike in black in the middle.  I mounted it on a black circle and put in on pop dots.  I used MFT Big Greetings for the sentiment, stamped in Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Real Red card stock using the Essential Stitched Sentiment Die-namics.  I used MFT Star Staxx for the stars.  

My inspiration, Stuart's business logo.

The goodies I received.

Thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment