Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Celebrate, It's Your Birthday...

For my friend Vicki.  She loves to cook and bake so I thought the My Favorite Things Birthdays Take the Cake stamp set would be perfect to use for her...

Celebrate, It's Your Birthday...

I always struggle with a layout for my cards.  When I'm in a slump, I look on my various go to websites for sketch ideas to get my mojo going.  I came across this Sketch Starter Challenge and wanted to give it a go.  What I really love about this challenge is that it's a monthly challenge, not weekly.  You can participate as many times as you like.  And...there's four sketches to choose from.  Do one, or do them all.  A lot of times I'll participate in a challenge but a week is not enough time for me to blog and get it uploaded to the challenge, I'm lazy, I know.  Anyhow, I stamped my images and run them through the cuttlebug with the coordinating die-namics.  I used Neenah card stock and colored them with copics.  I used a clear star glaze pen on the candles, stickles on the cake, and a clear glaze pen on the frosting and stand.  I also filled in the sentiment with stickles.  I love the glittery pop it adds to the card.  I used Rose Romance card stock and Echo Park Happy Together paper and mounted my image on popdots.




Celebrate, It's Your Birthday...
It's snowing today...a rare sight in the desert!



Thank you for taking a look at my blog, have a wonderful day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment