Thursday, August 20, 2020

Bold, Beautiful, and Blingy...

Happy 90th Birthday Erin!!!  Haha, not really!  When you're around Erin, it's always laughs.  We went to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday one year and when they came to sing her Happy Birthday she told them she was 90!!!  The hostess kept saying, you look so good for your age, haha!  Erin is Bold, Beautiful, and Blingy...that's what I titled the card.  She's in her 70's, doing triathlons, racing bikes, running races, swimming...there's not anything she won't try.  She also loves all things green, purple, and blingy!

Bold, Beautiful, and Blingy...
This is my first stamp from Colorado Craft Company.  It's called Sympathy & Friendship Rose.  Erin loves green, purple, and roses.  I knew I had to use my new stamp to make her birthday card.  I loved how blingy Debby's card is using this stamp.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and played a little to give it all the shimmer and bling that Erin loves.  I stamped my image on Neenah with Memento ink, coloring with copics.  I worked on this rose for a couple of days, coming back to it, adding coloring, shading, and just playing with it.  I also used copics and a colorless blender for the background.  I let it dry...then the fun began.  I blinged it out with liquid pearls, a pearl pen, baubles, rhinestones, sequins, copic opaque white pot (using a paper clip to make the dots) then finished it off with a few sprays of glimmer mist.  I may have gone a bit overboard, but it was so fun to make.

Bold, Beautiful, and Blingy...
 Me and Erin when we first met in 2017.  We were doing a progressive 6 week climb up Mt. Lemmon.  I had just started cycling and was terrified to descend.  Erin on the other hand just loved to.  She waited for me (and went really slow I must add) so I could follow her down Mt. Lemmon.  I can never thank her enough for this day.  I slowly began to build confidence and now have a passion for descending.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment