Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Deployed Christmas...

Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope ya'll have had a wonderful day spent with family and friends!  My thoughts are with all the deployed service members and families of the deployed who can't spend today together.  Sending thoughts and (((HUGS))) ya'lls way!
Sadly the only Christmas Cards I made and sent out this year were to my deployed spouses.  The last few months have been so crazy for me.  My daughter started working a new job with different hours, which means I have the grand boys all day.  Needless to say trying to craft during that time has been very challenging, I get in what I can tho=)  Anyhow, as I said these are for my deployes spouse's.  As a key spouse one of my duties is to check up on them and make sure they're doing ok and see if they need anything during their spouse's deployement.  One of the ways I like to do this is by sending them a card...lets them know I'm here for them and am thinking of them too=)




I started off with Neenah, Momento, and Copics.  I fussy cut ALM Sparkling Season out, then paper pieced her ornament and added a glaze pen to her boots.  Cherry Cobbler, Black, EP This & That Christmas paper, Marvy Snowflake Punch, SU Linen Thread, and a Button.  My entry for RCC75, Holiday Spirit.  I used MFTWSC99.





Last month I went to a dinner the base holds for all the deployed spouse's, it was my first one attending.  I talked to several families to see how they were doing and handling the deployment.  One spouse told me her husbands squadron bought the deployed spouse's tickets to their Christmas Party.  I thought, hmmm...what a fabulous idea!!!  So, I talked with my husband and asked him what he thought of me inviting our deployed spouses and purchasing their tickets (we only have a handful that are deployed, not several like other squadron's on the base so it wouldn't be finacially draining).  Anyhow, a couple of the deployed spouses said they'd love to attend, it so made my night!  I'm so glad they got out for the evening.  Below are a couple of pictures from our Christmas party...

Me and my hubs



My deployed spouses

Ladies in Red (and black, lol)...


Ugly Sweater Dance Off- Gangnam Style...


Santa & Mrs. Claus

Thank-you so much for stopping by!
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are awesome Tanya! Thanks for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel Crew!! Hope to see more entries from you :)

    P.S. You & the hubby look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete