Thursday, July 8, 2021

Hey Gullfriend...

To one of the kindest, most beautiful people I know...Tracey.  She's been a ray of sunshine since I've met her.  She's one of those people that when you part company you always feel like you're in a much better mood after being in her presence.  This was for her birthday that was in May.

Hey Gullfriend...
I took inspiration from 3 different cards I saw on pinterest.  Of course all these months later now that I sit to blog, I have no idea what the cards were, I just remember that there was 3 cards I liked and took from each of them and meshed them into what I created.  I always like to give credit where credit is due, so I apologize that I'm not able to.  I began by creating my sunrise (?) or is it a sunset (?), I was having this discussion with my best friend on the phone as I was creating the scene.  I used post it notes to mask off where the ocean would be and used a circle punch negative and positive for the sun.  I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, and Night of Navy for the sky.  Next I used the Beach Scene Builder to create a mask for my ocean and sand.  I used Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Pointe for the Ocean.  Crumb Cake ink, and Sahara Sand and Wheat Versamagic chalk inks for the sand.  I used SU markers to create a pebbled look on the sand.  Then (for my very first time) I used Copic Opaque White ink, thinned it and splattered it over my panel with a paint brush.  I have to say I was SO nervous to do this.  I thought for sure I'd ruin all the work I put into my scene.  I followed up the Opaque White splatters with some water splatters (also for my first time) on the ocean.  I stamped the seagulls from the Seaside Seagulls in memento ink on neenah, coloring with copics and die cut them.  Then used the Cute Cloud Outlines die-namics in white, with stickles on it.  I stamped my sentiment on black carstock with versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Layered my panel on white and crumb cake.   
 
Me and Tracey and The Wilcox Flyer 9/2019.

Thank you for taking a look at my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment