Monday, June 18, 2012

Warm Welcome...

I made a few of these cards to welcome the spouses who will be joining us at our monthly social for the first time on Wednesday.  We're going to my favorite Italian place to eat, Zona 78.  They have the best Bianco Pizza and their salads are delish!


I started out using Michelle Zindorf's brayering technique.  First I punched out a 1 3/8 inch circle, using the SU Circle Punch on Sticky Notes.  I masked the sun.  Then on Whisper White cardstock I brayered Daffodil Delight just past then sun, from right to left.  Then I used Pumpkin Pie and brayerd about 2/3 the way down right to left.  Then on the left side.  Then again with Cajun Craze, about 1/4 the way down on the right side and about 1/2 the way on the left side.  I took off the mask and used the negative from the punch, lined it up and sponged Daffodil Delight, then Cajun Craze.  Next I tore a piece of scrap paper to make the hills and sponged Basic Black.  Then I stamped the Saguaro from Ride em Cowgirl (I think it may be retired?) in Basic Black then took a marker and filled it in to make a silhouette.  I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the Saguaro and the hill.  I mounted my main panel on a Basic Black layer, then a Daffodil Delight layer.  I used a sentiment from PI Soldier Boy, masking off what I didn't want=)  Die-namics Notched Border, SU Photo Corner Punch, Button, and Twine.  My entry for this weeks MFTWSC76.

Thank-you for stopping by, have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment