Monday, February 27, 2012

Vampire Hunter...

I made this card to thank our book club hostess for having us in her home for our meeting this month.  We read Abraham Lincoln; Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahme-Smith.  It was a pretty good book, extremely detailed, with a couple of scenes in the book that are so descriptive I think they'll forever be etched in my mind.  With that said, I am looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out in June. 

I'm just barely getting my card in for this week's MFTWSC60.  I started out stamping my image from Well Read in Memento Ink onto a piece of BG Indie Bloom, then used a nestie.  I did a second nestie the same size in white and trimmed off the excess.  I paper pieced the pillows, book, and the gal (after coloring her on a piece of Neenah with Copics).  I didn't have the Die-Namic used for the top piece that has my sentiment so I used a SU Punch I've had for years (and can't remember the name).  Rose Red, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade cardstock, Die-Namics Dizzy Doily Duo, Die-Namics Open Scallop Edge and sentiment from Noteworthy.

I hope you'll support me on World Rare Disease Day, February 29th by wearing Zebra Stripes to help raise awareness for the rare genetic connective tissue disorder I have, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.  I also have a small little blog candy I'm giving away to honor the day, all you have to do is comment on this post.

Thank-you for stopping by, have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love the image, so well suited! Great colors as well. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete