Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Retirement Col Kross...

Col Kross was my hubs Commander when we first arrived to DMAFB.  Not too long after we were here Col Kross took a year assignment to Africa, without his family.  He's now returned from Africa to retire from the Air Force.  I will miss him and his wife Mimi dearly.  I wish them both the best on their new life in the civillian world.
My card is really simple and basic.  I stamped my image form SU's Courage set in Momento Ink on Neenah Cardstock coloring it in with Copics.  I colored in the soldier, jet, and ship to give them a silhouette look.  I highlighted with a white gel pen on the flag and also a clear gel pen to the goggles.  Baroque Burgundy, Black cardstock, SU jumbo eyelets, and Denami Design Ribbon.
Below are some pictures from Col Kross' Retirement Ceremony and Retirement Party.

 General Spears and Col Kross.


Mimi pinning on Col Kross' Retirement Pin.

These young men did such an amazing job during the flag ceremony and presenting the flag to Col Kross.  It was completely silent during the whole ceremony.  Such a beautiful site, I had tears in my eyes the whole time.
Below are pictures from Col Kross' Retirement Party.  We had such a great time and glad we were able to be there.
Hubs and I.
 Mimi and her hubs, Col Kross.
 Me and Mimi.
Melissa, Alan, and Kayelen.
Thank-you so much for stopping by.  Have a great night!


2 comments:

  1. one word! A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live so closed to DM you should come stamp with me. I would love it. I have 3 grown Son's and one daughter. 9 Grandkids. Hubby
    Is a Retired Navy man. On son was a Marine for 15 years. One son is in the Army for 18 years now and today is his 37th B-Day.Daughter put 4
    years in the Navy her hubby is still in 15 years now.

    ReplyDelete