Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Congratulations Melissa!!!

My friend Melissa was promoted last week.  I was thrilled when she asked me to attend her promotion ceremony.  It started with one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard singing the National Anthem.  This gal was amazing!  Ruby gave a wonderful Invocation.  The Commander had many great things to say about Melissa and her accomplishments in the AF.  I actually learned a few things about her I didn't know during the Commander's speech.  Melissa was pinned on then had a few words to say, she kept her speech short, lol=) (below is a picture of Melissa during her speech).  I was blessed to be apart of her special day!  I made my card the morning of her promotion ceremony so it is very simple.  I used Crumb Cake as my base.  I stamped the Flag from Happy Fourth in Momento ink, masking it then stamping the Med Double Line Border Square.  I colored in the Flag with copics, adding some highlights with a white gel pen and adding some glamour dust to it.  I ran a glue around the square then sprinkled it with glitter.  I went over the black stamped bits of the flag with a glaze pen to have it glisten just a bit=)  The sentiment is from Service & Sacrifice.  I used Dienamics Open Scallop Border with Navy Ribbon on top. 

Just thought I'd share...I found out I won the Denami Design Product #7 Challenge with my Hey Chickie Card.  Yay me=)
Thank-you for stopping by.  Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment