Monday, July 22, 2024

You Rock Tony!!!

Sometimes you meet a person who just touches your life in a special way...if you talk to anyone within our cycling circle, Tony is one of those people.  He has made me feel welcomed and has encouraged me to join in on some of the more challenging rides that I didn't think that I was capable of doing.  Words can't express how thankful I am that he was introduced to our Tuesday Ride...we sure do miss him when he returns "home" for the summer!  
You Rock Tony!!!
Tony gave me and my co-ride leader one of the most thoughtful and personal gifts I think I have ever received.  His son mines minerals.  He told his son a little bit about us, our personality, (my love for the color orange and my orange bike) and his son made each of us a personalized box of minerals.  I was so touched by his special gift, thank you just doesn't seem like enough.
You Rock Tony!!!
Go ahead...laugh...I am!!!  Every time I look at this card I die.  It surely isn't pretty, nor is it my best work.  I really wanted to make Tony a special card to thank him for his thoughtful gift, but I totally failed...all I see is Grimace, haha!!!  I didn't have any type of stamps that were mineral, gem, or rock related so I went to Pinterest for ideas.  I came across this card by Jackie, and let me tell you ya'll...I did not do it justice, haha!!!  When I gave Tony the card, I told him he had to open it in front of me (because I knew how hideous it was), but he opened and said how much he loved it and how much his wife would love it too (so kind).  Anyhow...I can't unsee Grimace.  Supplies I used were My Favorite Things Caption Numbers, Caption Alphabets and Instaframe die-namics.  Smoky Slate, Black, and White card stock.  Circle punches.  To make the "rock" I tore the card stock, crumbled it in a ball several times, sponged Smoky Slate ink on it and eventually called it good.
Me and Tony at a gravel ride we went to.  

If you're still here...thanks for hopefully having a laugh with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment