Friday, August 27, 2021

Happy 75th Birthday Erin!!!

My friend Joanie put in a card request for our friend Erin a year ago, giving me plenty of time to create something special for Erin's 75th Birthday.  Joanie wanted a bicycle (and wanted me to replicate the paint job on Erin's bike) and 75 in the wheels.  Here's my finished product.

Happy 75th Birthday Erin!!!
I started out with a die cut bicycle on neenah card stock.  I played with all the mediums I had to try and create the beautiful paint job on Erin's bike.  Her bike changes from purple to a soft teal blue color depending on how the sun hits it.  I ended up using copics for the base color of the bike then I added Grape Soda Smooch to the purple and a Wink of Stella to the teal blue.  I colored the rest of the bike with copics as well, adding Black Smooch to the tires, handlebars, cranks, and saddle.  I die cut Little Numbers in Pool Party, added some Stickles to the numbers, then mounted them on the wheels with pop dots.  I die cut Fast Track in Black, then mounted everything on a layer of white with a Pool Party card base.  The sentiment is from the Pure Innocence Piggy Bank Set. 

Erin racing earlier, she's an inspiration for sure!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment