Friday, August 27, 2021

Happy Birthday Linden!!!

Linden is the most positive, uplifting, sweet, kind, encouraging, motivating, inspiring, caring, giving, thoughtful and supportive person I have ever meet.  She is one of those people who's company you just enjoy and always feel like you're in a better mood after seeing her.  Linden has been such a positive light in my life this last year and a half and I'm so grateful and blessed to call her my friend.
Happy Birthday Linden!!!
I had such a great time creating this card.  Linden use to live in Hawaii so I wanted to try and create a Hawaiian Beach.  Not sure if I succeeded that, but I absolutely love how this card turned out.  I started off with Neenah cardstock and masked where I wanted the ocean to end and the clouds to begin.  I used the Cloud Stencil and Tempting Turqouise to sponge in some clouds.  Next I used the Beach Scene Builder Die-namics for my ocean and sand layers.  For the ocean I used Copics in Blue and Blue Green hues, then added some subtle highlights with a gel pen.  For the sand I die cut it in Crumb Cake, then used markers and Copics to create pebbles and folds in the sand.  I wasn't happy with the look so I added some chocolate stickles.  I still wasn't happy with the look so I added Bronze Pearl Pen to it.  It was the first time I've used it and I must admit, I've had it for 10 years...so it was clumpy but it gave the sand the textured look I was wanting.  Next I die cut the Palm Tree and Island, adding highlights here and there.  I then stamped my Pure Innocence Hula Girl in Memento Ink on Neenah with Copics and fussy cut her, then added her to my scene.  I layered the panel on a white card base.  Sentiment is also from the Hula Girl set.
Happy Birthday Linden!!!
Me and Linden 2021
We're Ride Leaders for GABA Tucson Women's Group Ride.

Thank you for having a look!
Enjoy your evening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment