Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Love Idaho...

Several weeks ago I saw a pin on pinterest that I knew I had to make into card form for my daughter and one of my friends for Valentine's Day.  My friend Marissa is from Coeur d'alene, Idaho.  I guess you could say my daughter considers Idaho "home", it's the longest place she's ever lived being a military child and all.  Both of them are missing Idaho so I wanted to make them each a card to brighten their day=)
   

I added an extra layer and changed the color they had from red to "hot pink".  The one on the left is for my friend Marissa, the one on the right is for my daughter.  My card base is Melon Mambo.  I used Die-namics, a Cricut Cartridge, and a Heart Shaped hole punch.  Very quick and CAS!

So...last week I was leaving for yoga at 6:30 in the evening, it was about 70 degrees out and all of a sudden all of our cell phones go off with this screeching noise and we get this on our phones...




It was the talk of the town for the rest of the night, afterall it was 70 degrees when we all got the message and what is the likelyhood that WE would get snow let alone a blizzard, I mean afterall...we live in the desert!  That night the evening news said the Emergency's Alert GPS had "issue's" and it was for the people living at 7000 feet and that people who lived at 3000 feet would possible see snow.  Tucson is slightly below that.  Everyone was saying there was no way we'd see snow, especially since it wasn't even cold out right now.  Well...

It wasn't a blizzard, but we did see snow!  It started snowing in the early afternoon the next day and snowed for a solid two hours in my part of town...it was so beautiful!  My oldest grandson said, "Mommom...look, it's not raining, it's snow, it's SNOWING!"  It was so cute!  It snowed two more times that day and we got a good couple inches of snow.  This is the most snow I've seen since living here and I don't mind it one bit...I miss it actually!

Thank-you for stopping by!
Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment