Thursday, January 24, 2013

Botanical Butterfly Birthday...

Seems like I'm always late with my Mother-in-laws Birthday Card.  I feel so terrible every year and vow to get her card out on time.  Her Birthday was the 11th, I made her card that day...sigh.  Then it sat on my desk for like a week before I even got it in the mail=(  Fingers crossed next year she will have a card arrive before her birthday!



I started out stamping Botanical Butterflies in Memento Ink on Neenah, coloring with Copics.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo to sponge aroung the edges.  Tangerine Tango, Black, and Crumb Cake Cardstock, a page from a book, Nesties, Die-namics, SU Square Punch, Sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas, Denami Design Button, SU Linen Thread, and a Rhinestone.  For the layout I used FTL223.


Now for week #28's RAK/PIF Challenge- (for anyone that would like to join in RAK'ing/PIF, please feel free.  These are just ideas, do as you're able to, or change them as you need to...the idea is to inspire you to do random acts of kindness and pay it forward.  Please come back to share what RAK you did or how you PIF, I'd love to hear what everyone has done!  You can read my original post about it here). 

Please pick one-
1- Share your hobby with a group, child/children, or friend.
2- Bring some hot tea/container of tea bags to someone you know who hasn't felt well.
3- Make some oatmeal cookies for a new neighbor or drop them off to a gate guard (if you have a base near by), your doctor's office, a fire station, police station, or give them to a homeless person.
4- Get some puzzles and drop them off at a children's shelter, homeless shelter, or any type of crisis center that helps children.
5- If a friend, co-worker, family member etc. has recenlty lost weight, pay them a compliment and encourage them to continue with their weight loss journey.
6- Bring some Peanut Butter and Jelly to your local food pantry.
7- Make a chocolate cake for someone who needs cheering up or to celebrate a special day- got a promotion, license, a job, or just good news in general.
8- Tell your spouse/partner how much you appreciate them and love them =)

I had great intentions but was down in bed from my procedure longer than I anticipated.  So, I didn't get to do the couple of things I picked out (write an elderly loved one a letter and I was going to make our new neighbors brownies). Yesterday (the last day for the week) I had a spouses meeting at a dessert lounge.  When it was time to pay, I picked up the check for a deployed spouse.


How did everyone else do???

Thank-you so much for stopping by. 
Have a wonderful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment