Saturday, December 3, 2011

Congratulations Major Avilla...

One of my hubs co-workers was promoted to Major earlier this week so I made him a card for the occassion.  Major Avilla's parents were able to come in from out of town to be apart of his pin on ceremony, which was so nice to see his family be there for him and support him.

Anyhow, my card was very quick and simple.  The inspiration for my sketch came from the recent Denami Sketch #10 Challenge, changing it just a bit.  I started off by stamping Patriotic Chickie in Memento on Neenah, coloring with Copics.  I used a Prismacolor Pencil and OMS for the ground.  Service and Sacrifice sentiment, SU Punches, CB Folder, Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  

I hope you have a great weekend.  My girlfriend and I are going to Tubac this evening for the Luminaria Nights Fiesta Navidad.  Neither of us have been before and are looking so forward to it.   



1 comment:

  1. What an adorable & patriotic card! Congrats to Hubby's co-worker! :)

    ReplyDelete