Thursday, April 8, 2021

Be Happy...

While I was making Joanie's Thank You card, I was on video chat with our daughter and youngest grandson, Tanner (he's 4).  He ask me to show him what the card looked like as I went. Tanner was having a bit of a rough day that day.  His older brothers are back in school full time and he's had a hard time adjusting to them not being at home during the day.  When we first got on the phone he told me he was sad because he didn't have a friend to play with.  Just broke my heart.  When I was almost done with the card he says, "Mommom, I would really like a card like that!".  I said, "you would?".  He says, "yes Mommom, and I'm gonna make you a card and put Happy on it because I want you to be happy".  Talk about making me well up with tears.  Even when he's sad and having a rough day he wants to make sure others are happy.  He's such a good little guy!
  
Be Happy...

Since he wanted to make me a card and put "Happy" on it...I thought I would put "Be Happy" on his card since he was having a rough day.  I used most of the same products for Joanie's card- MFT Color Blast Die-namics.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug using MFT cardstock in Wild Cherry, Orange Zest, Lemon Drop, Limelight, Cornflower, and Boysenberry.  Next I used MFT Be Happy Die-namics in white on Stampin' Up's Adhesive Paper before die cutting it.  I added Wink of Stella to it then added it to the rainbow.  I used MFT Stitched Cloud Edges.  Then finished off the card with some tiny iridescent bubbles.

Seeing the smile on his face just made me so happy!




My daughter took video, he said, "I have monies to spend" lol.



I stamped all the Happy Sentiments from Happy Day on the envelope.  He told his mom, "I just want to stick this (the card) in there and keep it, ok?"  It was so sweet.



Hope you have a Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment