Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn, Inspired by Me...

As many of you know, I'm a Key Spouse for my hubs squadron.  One of my duties as a Key Spouse is to offer support for our deployed spouses.  I check in on them to see if they need anything and make sure they're doing ok during their spouse's deployment.  One of the ways I like to do this is by sending them a card each month.  This is the card I made them for October (tho not all of them have gone postal).  I made enough so I could send the "pre-deploying" spouse's a card too.  I wanted to touch base with them to let them know I was thinking of them and I'm here if they had any questions or needed anything before their spouse's deployed.


This is my first time playing along with the gals at the Less is More Challenge Blog
This weeks challenge was Autumn.


I started out with an Early Espresso card base and ran it through my CB.  I opened up my card, took a piece of tape to line up my sentiment (Die-namics High Rise Alphabet) and ran it through the CB again.  I used the direct to paper technique with SU Whisper White.  (If I do a card like this again, I will reverse step 2 & 3, direct to paper then run sentiment through CB).  I used Die-namics Rolled Flowers, Upsy Daisy, Button and Rhinestone for my flower.  SU Very Vanilla Seam Binding and SU Linen Thread.  Inside I added a piece of white cardstock then ran my sentiment from Die-Namics High Rise Alphabet on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I closed my card and adhered my Pumpkin Pie sentiment in the negative space of the Early Espresso card base. 


The inside of my card-


A few weeks ago CAS-ual Fridays had a fun and unique challenge...to create something inspired by your blog header.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to play along that week, but I still wanted to do the challenge when I had the time.  So, what do you think?  Does it resemble my blog header???



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to "Less is More" Tanya.
    What a lovely thought to send cards in your capacity as Key Spouse. It must make people reassured that in fact they are not alone even if their spouse might be away.
    I'm sure this card will please!
    In this case there is no White Space but has Early Espresso Space instead!
    It's a lovely simple design too.
    I hope that you will be able to join us on a regular basis.
    Do try to visit some of the other participants in our challenge and I'm sure that they will return the visit!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Totally can see your blog inspiration :) Wonderful thing you do to offer support to those ladies. I'm sure they will love getting this card :) Thanks for dropping me the line to come check this out! Hope you're enjoying the sneak peeks this week from the new CAS-ual Fridays Stamps collection :)
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete