Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hope...

September is Leukemia Awareness Month.  My dear friend Melissa has Leukemia and has been giving it one heck of a fight!  She started treatment in April.  She's on her 4th round of Chemo and is currently in Texas for a Stem Cell Transplant from her Sister.  With everything Melissa has been through she still has a great sense of humor and is always smiling when you see her.  I'm blessed to have her in my life and to be able to call her my friend.  This card will be on it's way to Texas tomorrow=)
I stamped the swirls from Baroque Motifs then stamped the Ribbon in the middle.  Next I stamped Believe from Hope Is....  Then I made the sentiment "hope" from Doodle Alphabet.  I went over the whole thing with a Copic Multiliner since it was hit and miss in some spots.  I stamped another ribbon and colored it with Copics then cut it out.  I put some Smooch on it then some Crystal Lacquer.  I smudged Versamagic Wheat over the stamped portion to soften the image, then some distress ink around the edges.  Rhinestones, Ribbon, Peach Parfait, and Black Cardstock.


This is the inspiration for my card.  Our friend Roxy had this as her profile picture on facebook.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to CASE it!
Thank-you so much for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful take on the inspiration photo, Tanya! Such an encouraging and thoughtful card for your friend!

    ReplyDelete