Saturday, January 14, 2017

Gratitude, Chocolate, Butterfly...

You know how you make cards for challenges and keep them but don't know what to do with them???  I made this for World Card Making Day in 2009 (I didn't have a blog back then, ha!).  It was my first (and only) time I've participated in the event.  I like butterflies and love this card and never wanted to part with it...until now.  I wanted to start sending cards to my friends and family who I see on FB that either need a PMU (Pick Me Up) or who are just simply amazing people who do simply amazing things for others. I'm sending this to a fellow Spouse of the Year, Lori.  I met her when we went to Washington DC in 2014 for the Military Spouse Caucus/Military Spouse of the Year Luncheon.  Lori is such a sweet lady with such a big heart.  Her and husband have season tickets for the OKC Thunder NBA Team and the OKC Blue (NBA D-League).  They have 3 tickets for the OKC Thunder team and try to bless a service member or a spouse of a deployed service member with the extra ticket.  For the OKC Blue team they have 4 tickets and try to bless a military couple with the extra tickets.  Last year Lori did a "Year of Friendships" where she shared pictures of her friends and celebrated the friendship she shared with them...it simply warmed my heart.  Lori is always a positive, upbeat person and I just wanted her to know how much her big heart is appreciated across the miles =)  


This was for a 3 part challenge.  We had to use Chocolate in our card, it had to be a thank you card, and we had to use the sketch provided (which I no longer have, sorry!).  My base is Chocolate Chip.  I used the swirl from Priceless in Chocolate Chip on it.  I stamped the butterfly from Stampscapes, on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb cardstock, colored it with Prismacolor Pencils, used Pearl Ex on it then clear embossed it.  The sentiment is from Wonderful Words.  Prima flower and a button.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The card is beautiful. Receiving cards these days is rare but it surely feel good when you get one. It gives you great feeling and sincerity. Continue sending cards. Hope I can also get one.



    Military wife benefits

    ReplyDelete