Thursday, January 5, 2023

Warmest Wishes...

I fell in love with this card by My Favorite Things Design Team Member Anna Lorenzetto.  It is the whole reason why I bought the Quilt Square Cover Up and the Warmest Wishes set.  A lot of times these amazing DT members will make a card that I fall in love with and I end up purchasing the supplies because of their beautiful card.  So, it got me thinking...why don't I create the card that made me purchase each stamp set that I purchase?  Wouldn't that be a great way to honor that person, their creativity, and my purchase???  I think that will be my new goal for 2023...use all my non used stamps I have and create the card that made me purchase that set!  
Anyhow, I got a very late start to my Christmas Cards this year.  And if I'm being totally honest, I wasn't feeling the Christmas Spirit this year.  For whatever reason, I had zero energy and zero desire to create and also to make Christmas presents for my friends and neighbors like I do every year.  So while I made these 10 cards, they were the only ones I made and I didn't send a single one out.  I guess I'm ahead of schedule for Christmas 2023!
I made some slight changes from Anna's card.  It took me some practice to make my background as I'm not use to using blending brushes and blending colors to make backgrounds.  It was fun, but I think I need the proper type of inks for it.  I used Stampin' Ups Pink Pirouette, Polished Pink, and Rich Razzleberry.  I die-cut Snow Drift die-damics and attached it to the bottom portion of my background.  Then I took the Quilt Square die-namics and put it on top of the whole background.  I stamped my image from Warmest Wishes on Neenah card stock then die cut it with the coordinating die-namics.  I colored it with copics and used pop dots to attach it to my card.  Stamped my sentiment and sprinkled the cards with opaque white paint to finish off my card.
I'm just about caught up with my 2022 blogging, yay!  I have one more card to upload for 2022, but will have to wait until I give it to the recipient.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment