Sunday, April 3, 2022

Happy 80th Birthday Michael!!!

I've been attending a ride with Elite/Pro Cyclists from the Homestretch Foundation on Friday mornings for the last few years and have met some amazing people through that ride.  Some being the Elite/Pro Athletes themselves and some being the other riders that join the ride.  Michael is one of those amazing people I've met on the ride.  He turned 80 and for his birthday he wanted to cycle up Mt. Lemmon.  Mt. Lemmon is a very well known climb in the cycling world and one of the top difficult climbs to do.  Michael had lots of friends come in from out of town, many locals, and the Pro's from the Homestretch Foundation join him for his birthday climb.  Unfortunately I wasn't feeling up to doing the climb, but I was there for the ride the day before to give him his card and wish him a happy birthday!   
Happy 80th Birthday Michael!!!
The colors for the Homestretch Foundation are Black and White, so I wanted to keep my colors for his card black and white to represent the great foundation we ride with and support.  I used My Favorite Things Distressed Patterns and Stampin' Up Morning Meadow stamps.  My Favorite Things Wonkly Stitch Rectangle Stax, and Impact Numbers die-namics.  Bike die-cut, stickles, and a glaze pen.
Me and Michael
Michael, Joe, and Becky
Some of the Pro's and some out of town riders.
Nick, my cycling buddy Warwick, and a Homestretch Alumni, Mia in the background.


Thank you for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment