Sunday, May 24, 2020

Happy 57th Carolyn!!!

 My sweet dear friend Carolyn  celebrated her birthday in March.  I made her this card to celebrate her special day.  She wanted to cycle 57 miles with 57 feet of elevation gain on her 57th birthday.  I wasn't able to attend the special occasion since we were getting ready to go out of town for our first cruise.  We were the last Carnival Cruise to set sail.  When we docked we found out we had to be self quarantined for 14 days and have been in self isolation ever since.  Unfortunately during that time I lost my creative juices...this is the first time in 3 months that I've sat down to blog or create anything.  I'm not cycling outdoors, but I am cycling indoors virtually with my friends via Zwift.  I'm able to ride with Carolyn several times a week and that has really been a life savor for me.  Carolyn and I have had great fun chasing route badges, encouraging one another and continuing with our weekly women's ride with our other ride leader, Linden.   
My hubs bought me this die cut, as I had this vision for Carolyn's card, knowing she'd be climbing up Mt. Lemmon to reach her elevation goal.  I made several layers of it, the last one I put black smooch on top and added a glaze pen to make it shiny.  I used the brayer technique, masking a sun then used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, and Real Red for the sky.  I tore a sheet of paper to create and sponge in the mountains.  

Me and Carolyn in Nogales, AZ at The Nogales Classic.  

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment