Sunday, December 28, 2014

Kellye Kokopelli...

So, my BFF told me she wanted one thing for her birthday...a box.  I was like, "uh...a box???".  She told me she wanted a box to keep all the cards that I've made for her in. When I asked her what kind of box, she told me she didn't care, as long as it came from me that's all that mattered.  Jokingly I told her I was going to give her a cardboard box then, ha!  I was still on crutches at the time and unable to drive so shopping for this "box" was rather difficult.  I hunted pinterest, I hunted SCS...I couldn't find any ideas on how to make, design, or decorate this box...my hunt for this box was nearing impossible! Eventually I shared my frustration with her hubs and he suggested googling it (imagine that!).  Low and behold guess what came up???  Yes...all sorts of boxes.  I found the perfect box for their southwest decorated home...

Kellye Kokopelli...
This box also became my card inspiration =)



Kellye Kokopelli...
I found an image off of google (imagine that!), printed it and used the direct to paper ink technique in Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Pumpin Pie, Crushed Curry, and More Mustard. The image started to smear (even after setting for a day and a half) so I left it white around the edges.  Crumb Cake, Black, Crushed Curry, and Real Red Card Stock, Die-namics Chevron Stripes, and a CB Folder.

When her box arrived, it came wrapped in this plastic wrap and was placed inside of this white box.  When I told our hubs that it came inside of this cardboard box, they told me I should decorate it and pretend that is her birthday gift...so...I did =)  

Kellye Kokopelli...
I had some orange paint on hand so I got to work.  I gave the box two coats.  While it was drying, I printed another google image Kokopelli (giggle).  I fussy cut the Kokopelli out and gave it a nice thick coating of Modge Podge then sprinkled it with black glitter.  Die-namics High-Rise Alphabet in Cherry Cobbler, mounted on Crumb Cake cardstock, then on Black cardstock.

She opened it up and loved it.  I then gave her her real present that was in the cardboard box it was shipped in with a card that was just stamped with oops!  I wrote inside something like, "this is your real box, I hope you like it".  She thought it was the joke and that I was giving her her "cardboard box" I said I was going to give her and said, "I don't get it".  Lol...her hubs had to tell her, "no, you don't get it, keep opening the box".  She finally got to her real gift and loved it =)  She said she was keeping the other box too (which both our hubs said..."you know she's going to love the box that you made, right?...nice guys, huh?) =)


Kellye Kokopelli...
Who would've thought finding a box to put cards in would've been so difficult?  And of course after I got her box in the mail and I was able to walk/drive again...I found them all over the place!  I'd take pictures of them and send them to my hubs and he'd always reply with, "I still like your other two boxes better"...such a sweet guy!

Hope you have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment