Monday, November 2, 2020

Prayers for the Lautaire's...

A friend of mine asked me to make a couple of sympathy cards for her to give to a mom and boy who lost their son/brother.  The three of them were crossing the street in a crosswalk and were hit.  The driver didn't stop.  The mom didn't have any injuries, but the driver killed her 9 year old son and left her 11 year old son in a cast and wheelchair.  It was absolutely heartbreaking.  My friend asked that I make something with dinosaurs for Max and a cross for his mom.  Here's what I came up with-
Prayers for the Lautaire's...
Playing along in the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers FS716, I used this card as my inspiration-
https://orangegymnut.blogspot.com/2019/02/camping-in-red-rock-canyon.html

I changed the colors, flipped the image, used a different image, and didn't use the clouds.  I used My Favorite Things Little Loveosaurus, Taken with Teal, Basic Gray and Neenah cardstock.  My Favorite Things Wonky Stitch Die-namics, and pop dots. 

This is the card that I came up with for the mom.  I made an extra one for a friend who lost her sister in law.
Prayers for the Lautaire's...
I also used the Featured Stamper FS716 challenge for inspiration.  I changed the shape of the card, square to the standard 4.25x5.5, changed the circle to an oval, the image, colors, sentiment and put a bow instead of a strip of ribbon.  I used Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla card stock.  Crosses of Hope and Thoughts and Prayers stamp sets from Stampin' Up and the ribbon is from Michael's.
My card inspiration.

LOOK! Save a Life

Slow down and don't drive distracted...

Thank you for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment